Vineyards and Mountains Experience
On this private tour, we will discover Dão, Portugal´s oldest unfortified Wine Region.
Arriving at this region, we will start our tour by relaxing out of road tracks in a 4WD which will cross the vineyards blended into the landscape.
Let us meet the people of the Beira region… walk on this land and breathe all this magic on our first visit to a Dão Vineyard. Here, we will have our first wine tasting experience, accompanied by the excellent cheese so characteristic of this region, and that will be like an appetizer for the rest of the day. Discovering the Dão Wines it is to enter a new world of aromas and tastes, which charm and seduce us.
Lunch will be a gastronomic experience, a real encounter with the Beira’s culture, served in an emblematic property. A moment to sharpen the senses and to delight ourselves.
We will then go on to Viseu, Beira’s region capital, and there, we will breathe the history of this “Antiqua et Nobilissima” city. With roman, medieval, and Jewish influences, the city streets make us go through history. You feel art in the streets. Viseu is a heritage city, a garden city, and a wine region city.
Dinner and accommodation in Viseu.
On our second day, we will go to the highest mountain in Portugal, Serra da Estrela. In this beautiful landscape scenery, we can deeply feel the mountain silence. We will have the opportunity of visiting the lagoons Pequena and Comprida, with their natural beauty that goes back to the ice era. A real communion of our senses with nature.
Lunch will be served in Sabugueiro, a real and typical mountain village. Here, we will be able to feel the life of the mountain people, sharing their traditions, their deeply rooted lifestyle, and stories, which are told calmly as time here, has another rhythm.
After the meal and, to enrich even more this experience, we suggest a visit to the Bread Museum, in Seia, where you will have the opportunity, if you feel like it, to “get your hands dirty” and make your bread.
A unique experience that will make us get closer to nature.
Dão Region, a treasure to discover!
- Departure Time 08:30 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time Approximately 06:30 PM.
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included Professional GuideTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to Viseu historic centre
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entrances mentioned on the ProgramEntry FeesLunchLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPersonal GuidePortugal oldest townPrivate 2h Cruisethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerwith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional GuideVisit to a Vineyard and walk around the vineyardsWine tasting accompanied with region cheesesVisit to Viseu historical centerTraditional lunchTraditional dinnerVisit to Serra da Estrela
- Not IncludedFlights to and from PortugalPersonal expenses
Discover the beautiful Dão Region;
Enjoy this beautiful region framed by the mountains of Caramulo and Montemuro;
Taste the Dão wines in a traditional Vineyard;
Visit Viseu, a beautiful city with 2500 years of history;
Fell the quietness of Portugal’s highest mountain.
The Dão Region in Portugal, surrounded by magnificent mountains is famous for its traditions and its delicious Wines.