Secrets of the Mountain
Whether in summer or winter, Serra da Estrela, one of Portugal’s highest mountains is the perfect location for a few relaxing days in touch with nature.
Located in the central region of Portugal, Serra da Estrela is known for its sublime landscapes, marked by frags, rocks, and cliffs and by valleys originating from the ice age. The gastronomy of this region is delicious, always paired with the elegant wines from the nearby Dão wine region.
Set off with us on an adventure in a 4WD vehicle, along trails that will reveal the stunning scenery of this unique region.
This adventure will take us to the Torre, the highest point in the Serra da Estrela and mainland Portugal. At the top of its 1993 meters, we can intensely experience the silence of the heights. We will go through places located in the glacial valley of the Zêzere River, springs, and lakes, with pure and crystal waters.
We will visit Covão d’Ametade, one of the most bucolic places in Serra da Estrela, an impressive place with its green surroundings.
And we will also visit this region’s traditional villages, walk through its maze-like streets, revisit the past and feel the nobility of these places. We will also learn about how local woolen products are made, one of the region’s most important economic activities.
A unique adventure in a place of impressive natural beauty.
- Departure Time 08:00 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time Approximately 07:00 pm.
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included Professional Guide
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entrances mentioned on the ProgramEntry FeesLunchLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPersonal GuidePortugal oldest townPrivate 2h Cruisethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerVisit to Viseu historic centrewith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional GuidePrivate 4 WD tourVisit to Serra da Estrela, Zezere Glacial Valley, Covão d'AmetadeTraditional Lunch
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses (entrances) not mentioned
Discover Serra da Estrela, one of the the highest mountains in Portugal;
Visit the Zêzere glacial valley, one of the largest in Europe;
Let yourself be conquered by the silence of this place;
Enjoy the gastronomy of this region
Nature is abundant in the Dão region, with its mountainous surroundings and natural protection from the cold winds. This region has vineyards that spread across its beautiful landscape.