Porto Food Experience
In Porto, we say “Petiscar” which means eating small portions of different delicacies. This private tour will allow you to discover the history of Porto while experiencing typical Portuguese food.
We will start our food experience by taking you to a “Confeitaria” for a traditional Portuguese sponge cake, accompanied by an espresso coffee, to start your day like a true local. Next, we’ll stop at a city market where you can try typical Portuguese sardines served with olives and tomato sauce with a glass of Vinho Verde, an exclusive white wine from the northwest region of Portugal. We will then follow the path to the heart of the city for the best “Bifana” in town, a sandwich filled with thin slices of pork.
We will finish our tour with a taste of Porto’s unique and famous dish: the “Francesinha”. This is made with beef, melted cheese, and a spicy sauce, served with beer (you decide your limit…) it´s a delicious and spicy dish.
We couldn’t end this private tour without trying some of our famous Port Wine. We’ll taste this excellent wine with an astonishing view over the Douro River.
A journey of flavors and history.
- Departure Main city square, Old town
- Departure Time Please arrive by 02:15 PM for a prompt departure at 02:30 pm
- Return Time Approximately 05:30 PM.
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included A visit to 7 unique tasting locationsEntrances mentioned on the ProgramPersonal Guide
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entry FeesLunchLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPortugal oldest townPrivate 2h CruiseProfessional Guidethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerVisit to Viseu historic centrewith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional GuideVisit to 5 unique tasting locationsEntrances mentioned on the program
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses not mentioned
Discover Porto original food traditions and historical places;
Get to know the local people and their stories;
Enjoy the beautiful cafés and the elegance of the best gastronomic city icons;
Taste the famous Port Wine in a place with an astonishing view over the Douro River.
Elected as the Best European Destination, walking through Porto narrow streets is a unique experience, a journey through the city history and culture.