Peneda-Gerês Nature Tour
Portugal’s wild landscape.
The National Park of Peneda-Gerês, in the far northwest of Portugal between Upper Minho and Trás-os-Montes, is the only Portuguese protected area classified as such.
It is a world apart in which human activity and nature are harmoniously integrated, preserving ancient values and traditions.
We will pick you up at your accommodation and take you out for special a day to remember! On this private tour, we will reveal the most amazing places of the National Park of Peneda Gerês, and share local traditions.
Throughout your day you will be able to visit several landmarks of the park, which we will adapt to the seasons to provide you the best experience, from stunning waterfalls where you can enjoy a refreshing swim to the Pedra Bela viewpoint which has an incredible view over the whole landscape.
You might sometimes manage to spot a roebuck (the Park’s symbol) or its predator, the Iberian wolf. More common are the ponies, small wild horses that run free in the mountains. You may also come across the Barrosã breed of cattle or the dark-haired Castro Laboreiro dogs, guarding the herds that move to the rhythm of the seasons, between the mild and the wintry.
The landscapes are breathtaking and we will enjoy a wonderful picnic with traditional gastronomy while enjoying this imposing nature.
To be able to absorb all the sounds, smells, and natural beauty of Gerês you have to be able to open your heart and clear your mind.
Immerse yourself in Portugal’s wild landscape!
- Departure Time 08:30 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time Approximately 06:30 pm
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included Entrances mentioned on the ProgramLunchPersonal Guide
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entry FeesLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPortugal oldest townPrivate 2h CruiseProfessional Guidethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerVisit to Viseu historic centrewith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional Guide4WD ExperienceVisit to Peneda-Gerês National ParkTraditional lunch
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses not mentioned
Discover Peneda-Gerês National Park and its ancient traditions;
Admire its breathtaking nature;
Enjoy a refreshing swim in stunning waterfalls;
Taste the tradicional gastronomy;
Immerse yourself in Portugal´s wild landscape.
The Minho Region in the North of Portugal is famous for its ancient traditions and delicious Green Wine. A perfect combination of culture, genuine traditions and local food.