Paiva Walkways Tour
Nature in a pure state.
This fantastic walking experience near Paiva River, with a dream landscape, and on the way to a riverside beach, it is to be done with calmness and tranquillity.
The Paiva Walkways were the winner of the World Travel Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
This is a tour of the past in a region with over a thousand years of history, where we can see the biodiversity of this unique place with endangered species in Europe.
Our tour starts in Porto, with the first stop in Arouca which, in the last few years has won visibility thanks to the famous walkways and deserves a visit to discover its charms and its gastronomy. We will stop at the S. Pedro Monastery which dates from the 10th century and have a coffee with the region’s typical sweet pastries, “Castanhas Doces”, “Roscas” or “Barrigas de Freiras”.
Our tour will go on till the Paiva Walkways, one of the most beautiful riversides walks in Europe. The trail goes for eight kilometers, on wooden walkways that follow the rocky slopes of the river’s left bank which will amaze us with its crystal clear waters. The hike is easy and the stairs that go up and down the valley are the ex-libris of the tour. Our tour will start with a cross of the magnificent pedestrian suspension bridge. Crossing this bridge, you will have an impressive view of Garganta do Paiva and Cascata das Aguieiras, both geosites of the territory of the Arouca de la UNESCO Geopark.
Our hike will end at Espiunca river beach from where we will go to Alvarenga for a delicious typical meal which will make us recover all our energies.
The return to Porto will be made in a calm and relaxed way, with a visit to Aveiro, to get to know this city that is called Portuguese Venice. We will walk around the town center of this beautiful city with its elegant Art Nouveau buildings, and see the channels of this seaside town, with its picturesque and colorful Moliceiro boats that, in the past, were used to transport sargasso. At the end of the afternoon, one can enjoy the sunset, enjoying a typical gastronomic delicacy: the Ovos Moles.
A perfect day for those who want to enjoy nature, culture, and gastronomy, without any haste and in the rhythm of nature.
- Departure Time 08:30 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time 06:30 pm
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included Entrances mentioned on the ProgramLunchPersonal Guide
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entry FeesLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPortugal oldest townPrivate 2h CruiseProfessional Guidethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerVisit to Viseu historic centrewith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional GuideEntrances on Paiva Walkways and pedestrian suspension bridgeTraditional lunchVisit to Aveiro
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses (entrances) not mentioned
Visit Paiva walkways one of the most beautiful riverside walks in Europe;
Feel the calmness and tranquility of this place;
Taste the delicious gastronomy of this region;
Visit Aveiro, with its elegant Art Nouveau buildings.
The Paiva Walkways were the winner of the World Travel Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!