Dão Region Tour
In this exclusive, private tour we honor the beautiful Dão Region, framed by the mountains of Caramulo and Montemuro, and the rivers of Dão and Paiva.
With more than one hundred years as a demarcated region, Dão has a perfect balance of culture, history, and gastronomy, but mainly discovery!
Departing from Porto, we will set off on the relaxing off-road trails to meet the people of the region and to discover the Dão charm, a land of mythical heroes, and legends of undeniable importance to the history of Portugal.
After sharing some stories and traditions, we continue our journey and we will make our first visit to taste a wonderful wine in a Dão vineyard that proudly kept its heritage and which promotes organic farming.
With the aperitif already served, we continue our journey to the vineyards, flanked by their impressive granite walls, with the Dão river always close by.
Our lunch will be served in a typical restaurant, a truly sensational experience where the regional flavors are perfectly harmonized with the best of the Dão wines.
Then we take a relaxed route to Viseu. This beautiful city, with 2.500 years of history and an impressive historic center, is the beginning and endpoint for discovering the Dão wines. We end the day with a taste of these elegant and aristocratic wines.
You will leave this experience feeling fully enriched!
- Departure Time 08:30 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time Approximately 06:30 pm
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included Professional GuideTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to Viseu historic centre
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to Buçaco National ForestA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entrances mentioned on the ProgramEntry FeesLunchLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPersonal GuidePortugal oldest townPrivate 2h Cruisethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Aveiro historic centreVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerwith free pedestrian circuit Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional Driver/guideVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to Viseu
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses (entrances) not mentioned
Discover Dão Region, the Heart of Portugal;
Enjoy this beautiful region framed by the mountains of Caramulo and Montemuro;
Taste the Dão wines in a traditional Vineyard;
Visit Viseu, a beautiful city with 2500 years of history.
The Dão region in Portugal, surrounded by magnificent mountains is famous for its traditions and its delicious wines.