Sparkling Wine Tour
In the center of Portugal, surrounded by the Bussaco and Caramulo mountains, Bairrada Region was, in the past, a land of passage and conquest, of struggles between Christians and Moors at the time of the birth of Portugal, when the capital of the kingdom was Coimbra.
In this private program, we will discover this region full of color and unique flavors, let us immerse ourselves in the scent of the sparkling wines produced here, and discover the magnificent palaces, legends, and unique romanticism of this beautiful place.
Our first stop will be Aveiro, a charming city, close to the sea, crossed by water channels with its typical colorful boats, named “Moliceiros”. These curious boats were in the past used to collect seaweed and sargasso. Aveiro is an elegant city, with its “Art Nouveau” buildings that are worth appreciating, while enjoying the emblematic traditional pastry – the “ovos moles” made with eggs and sugar.
We continue our journey, awakening our sense of smell and taste visiting a sparkling wine producer, and tasting the famous gastronomy, the tasty roast suckling pig.
With a full soul and our stomachs comforted, we will enter the majestic and mystical Bussaco National Forest. The quietness and the silence of this place are an invitation for its discovery. In this enchanted forest, we will walk calmly along some of its trails and then rest in the Palace of Bussaco, the last Palace of the Kings of Portugal, which today is one of the most beautiful and historic hotels in the world.
An experience to discover through the eyes and the taste!
- Departure Time 08:30 am - Pick up at your accommodation
- Return Time Approximately 06:30 pm.
- Dress Code Casual. Comfortable clothing and shoes, hat and warm jacket in Winter.
- Included A visit to Buçaco National ForestProfessional GuideTraditional LunchVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tastingVisit to Aveiro historic centrewith free pedestrian circuit
- Not Included 2 Cruise in a Typical Rabelo Boat2 h exclusive sunset tour with drink served on board2h Private sailboat cruise4WD experience in Douro Valley5 Star Accommodation5 unique typical tasting locationsa charming village in the Minho RegionA visit to 7 typical tasting locationsA visit to 7 unique tasting locationsA visit to BarcelosA visit to CaminhaA visit to CascaisA visit to Ericeira VillageA visit to Óbidos VillageA visit to Ponte De LimaA visit to the village of CaminhaA visit to the village of CascaisA visit to ValençaAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesDinner served on boardDinner served on board (Catering service from the restaurant DOC)Entrances mentioned on the ProgramEntry FeesLunchLunch paired with the property winesOvernight at a luxury sailboatOvernight on a luxury sailboatPersonal GuidePortugal oldest townPrivate 2h Cruisethe gateway to Portugal for Pilgrimsthe oldest town in PortugalVisit to a Vineyard and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard in Colares and wine tastingVisit to a Vineyard with wine tastingVisit to a Winery and Wine TastingVisit to Aveiro centerVisit to Buçaco National ForestVisit to Cascais historic centerVisit to Sintra historic centerVisit to Sintra historical centerVisit to two wineries and Wine TastingVisit to Viseu historic centerVisit to Viseu historic centre Lunch paired with the property wines
- IncludedProfessional Driver/guideVisit to Aveiro historical centreVisit to Bussaco National Forest, with free pedestrian circuitVisit to a Vineyard and sparkling wine tasting
- Not IncludedFlights to/from PortugalPersonal expensesOther expenses (entrances) not mentioned
Discover Bairrada Region, a land of palaces and legends;
Visit Aveiro, a charming city crossed by water channels;
Taste the delicious gastronomy and this region famous sparkling wine;
Feel the quietness and the silence of the mystical Bussaco National Forest.
The Sea influences the Atlantic climate of this region. Bairrada Region is famous for its sparkling wines and its historical richness.